Thursday, May 28, 2015

Writng Prompt Entry

Prompt: I woke up in the middle of the ocean.... (continue the story)

I woke up in the middle of the ocean. The water was cold. I could feel a slight stinging feeling in my toes. All I saw was the sun on the horizon, no land was in sight. I began to feel sick to my stomach and my hands were shaking. I was not sure how I got there. Out of panic I begin swimming forward. I swam for what seemed like hours. Soon I saw an island, at first I thought my eyes were deceiving me. But then I smelled fresh fruit and knew it was real. I reached the shore and lay on the hot sand for the longest time. Treasuring the fact that my life was preserved for at least the time being.

The beach seemed empty to me, and due to the fact that I wasn't wearing my hearing aids, it was silent as well. I decide that my best bet was to go find help. So I travel inland. The floor of the jungle is wet and damp. I could here my feet squishing with every step. As night begins to fall, I watch the sunset through and open skyline in the trees. Then, a man appears behind me. With a loud and rather enthusiastic voice, he says, "Welcome to Jamaica man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment