Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Irony Piece

“And I highly recommend Xantax to all of my patients to reduce the urge to smoke.”
“Cut!” the directors obnoxiously loud voice could be heard from miles away.
“We’ll pick up where we left off in fifteen” he says to all the staff in the studio.
I step outside to get some fresh air, this whole morning had been a disaster; and it all started when I woke from a deep sleep. Following a five hour surgery the night before.


I woke up to the sound of chirping birds outside my small suburban house about a half hour outside the city of Los Angeles, California. My alarm clock indicated that it was six thirty, I had slept far too late.


I had a board meeting at seven, a divorce trial with my ex-wife at nine thirty and a commercial shoot at twelve. I leaped out of bed and commenced on my daily morning routine. Except I was moving much faster on this particular occasion. I was showered, shaved, dressed and in my car by six fifty. I speed down interstate five, frantically looking at my watch every five seconds. I rapidly slam the brakes on as I hit the morning rush traffic.


“Unbelievable!” I shout.


I turned into the parking lot so fast my tires squealed. I bolted out of my car and into the building. The door shuts behind me with a loud thud. Turning the entire room's attention to me.
“Sorry I’m late.”


The meeting ends and I exit the room and the building. As I walk to the car, I notice broken glass on the pavement. My windows had been shattered, and money was stolen from my car.


“Seriously!”


The divorce meeting was just a repetition of the whole morning. My ex got full custody of my son. Which got me angry beyond belief. As I walked back to the car. I nearly get run over. This day could not get any worse.

Yet it was all solved once I stepped outside the studio. After a billion retakes on one shot. I pull the box out of my pocket along with my lighter. I inhale, then exhale. All is forgotten in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment