Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"Angry" Letter Assignment


Dear Coach Heagney,


Thanks for an amazing season, I am still completely shocked about how well the Norton High School hockey team did. I just wanted to let you know that each and every one of us have tremendous pride in our accomplishments. While I wish I could have gotten more playing time, I still had the time of my life this season. Everyone on the team treated me very kindly and made me feel like I was a part of the group. I am extremely grateful for that.


The skills and techniques that you taught me this season made me a better hockey player, from your defensive zone set-up to your “pass of pads” philosophy. I can now apply those skills when I play summer league, my town teams, and even when I’m playing street hockey. I am very happy that I chose to play at Norton instead of Somerset, it was the right choice.


I don’t know if you think the same as I do, but I believe that Bobby played amazing this year. He was always where he needed to be. He also came through in the clutch to score some really important goals. Maverick played well too, despite his many penalties, and Cassy played strong in net. Troy played really well this season too, he was basically the backbone of the team. Everyone on the team contributed in some way. Of course that’s only my opinion.


To conclude, I once again want to thank you, Coach Heagney, for all that you did for me and the NHS team during this remarkable season. I will always remember the fun we had and I am eager to attend tryouts next year. Have a great day.


Best Regards,
           John Silvia #20

No comments:

Post a Comment